Getting to know Teleri Hamilton, our Strength and Conditioning Director when she’s not at work supporting our clients with their personal training plans.
- What do you like to do when you are not being a Strength and Conditioning Coach?
I love to play sport – hockey (currently represent Morpeth Ladies 1st XI Hockey), cycling, skiing and golf when I can!
Spending time with my family and friends being sociable! Drinking and eating food!
- What’s your favourite take away?
Roast dinner! Anything with meat is always a favourite.
- Have you ever suffered a major injury from sport yourself?
No thankfully…and I’d rather keep it that way!!
- Why did you become a Strength and Conditioning Coach?
I was never good enough to be a high level athlete myself…maybe I would have been had I been doing S&C since the age of 10!!!
Also I did a university placement at Newcastle Falcons and got to train with Johnny Wilkinson…that was enough to make me want to be a S&C coach!!
- If you weren’t a strength and conditioning coach what else would you like to do?
Own a wedding dress shop…I loved the experience of finding my wedding dress, but some shops/companies did it so badly that It made me think I could do it so much better. Plus I’d spend all day trying on all the dresses!
- Do you have a special interest at work?
Working with golfers and currently a Consultant Strength and Conditioning Coach for England Golf.
Find out more about Teleri professionally click here